I have been practicing law for over 30 years, and have been in sole practice since 1990. I was admitted to the bar in 1979 and went into private practice until 1984. I then returned to university and completed an LLM at Victoria University in 1985. After spending two years as a Junior Lecturer in law I returned to private practice. I work closely with my legal executive, Tracy Robinson, who has many years of experience.
- Residential Tenancies Adjudicator 1990 – 2013.
- New Zealand Law Society Board member 2008-2012.
- Member of the Wellington District Law Society Council 2003 – 2008, Treasurer in 2006/07 and Vice President in 2007/08. I have also been a member of the Family Law Committee (former Convenor), the Property Law Committee, and a Complaints Committee.
- I was on the Wellington Family Law Legal Aid Committee for a number of years and have been the NZLS Family Law Section Regional Representative.
- Member of the Psychologists Board 1996-2000.
- Founding member of the Wellington Women Lawyers Association.
- Volunteer at the Wellington Community Law Centre for many years.
- I have also been involved in a number of community organisations including The Help Foundation and Birthright New Zealand.