Read the terms and conditions to know what are your lawyer’s duties to you, what you can expect from your lawyer and what you agree to when you instruct a lawyer. This includes information from the Lawyers and Conveyancers Act 2006 that is relevant and useful for you.
- The ways in which you can instruct your lawyer
- What you can expect from your lawyer regarding the standard of work performed and their obligations to you
- Privacy and confidentiality, and avoiding conflicts of interest
- Payment of fees and how fees are calculated
- How your documents are handled
- What to do if you have a complaint
- Trust account information
- Information for clients from the Rules of Conduct and Client Care for Lawyers of the New Zealand Law Society.